Sunday, May 16, 2010

Just as usual

Isn't it funny how something new, exciting and beautiful can turn into something just Monday-ish? I'm totally satisfied with my sadhana practice but it's not new and it's not so overwhelming as it was in beginning.

It's beautiful still but calm, gentle, sweet, loving more like a gentle summer breeze then an energetic, strong storm. It feels totally natural to do the yoga and mediations every day and I wouldn't want to miss it.

Maybe I should tell you that I like Mondays, the start of the week, a week filled with possibilities and nice things to come. So Monday-ish is not so bad, to me.

I been thinking a lot of all the "Keep up!" comments I got in the beginning, I wouldn't be here on day 61 if it wasn't for your comments. I'm really grateful for them and I hope that I can support someone in the same way at a later point. I think I have written about this before, but still keep coming back to those comments from people who really had no obligation to care at all how my sadhana was going. I'm amazes me how sweet people can be from time to time to complete strangers.

2 comments:

  1. Har Anand Ji,
    you are an inspiration... i can totally relate to what you say about getting into a routine. I am a bit lost and don't know how to start. My way into Sikhi was not connected with 3HO so i don't really know much about Kundalini yoga and mantras. But I want to take time out for morning and evening prayer at least. It takes a long time when using a bilingual Nitnem (audio) ...the progress of learning the sound and meaning of the banis is very slow, but I find that an English translation alone will never do justice to the power of Gurbani. So here is another "Keep up" and a THANK YOU for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, thank you for your nice comment. I wouldn't say that my way was connected to 3ho either. I like kundalini yoga a lot and loved the mantras which led to a search for information which led me to sikhism. The 3ho connected sikhism was the only information I could feel connected to me and was relevant to me. Probably because 3ho is from the west and so am I. It's always harder to relate to something that is very far from your own life, like I imagine the life in India is.

    Anyways, I really hope you take the time to do what your heart longs to do. Get started and keep up!

    ReplyDelete