Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cyber-Hukam

Through a sister blog, (Swedish woman doing a kundalini yoga & mediation journey also sikhing as she puts it)Sweat and laugh: a journey into kundalini yoga, I found something called a Cyber-Hukam. I really tried to do this the respectful way and found out it's customary to recite Ardaas before taking a Hukam, standing before the Guru Granth Sahib Ji with your hands put together.

Unfortunately, I could not understand what I was supposed to say. I did some searches on "Ardaas" on google and sikhiwiki. Finally I came to understand that I should say the first part of the Ardaas, starting with Pritham Bhagautee. Weirdly enough, this is my favorite song with Snatam Kaur so I looked on the SpiritVoyage Mantrapedia and Pritham Bhagautee is the also known as Ardaas, so I said it all since I didn't know where to stop. I clicked on the "Take Hukamnama" and this is the advice to me:
ik oa(n)kaar sath naam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibha(n) gur prasaadh
One Universal Creator God. Truth Is The Name. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying. Beyond Birth. Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace

This is true, this was for me. This is love on an unimaginable level. I was moved to tears by the truth of it. I'm so grateful to Pimu for showing me this.

After taking the hukam I said 'Guru Granth Ji Maneo, Pargat Guraa Ki Deh. Guru Granth Sahib is the spiritual embodiment of the Gurus. Jo Prabh Ko Milbo Chahe, Khoj Shabad Meh Leh. Those who seek union with God should search through the divine wisdom contained in Guru Granth Sahib.', something I read you should do after. It felt right, so I guess it was.

Here are some beautiful songs containing the words of the hukam for me:

Amrit Kirtan singing the Mul Mantra
Guru Ganesha Singh singing the Mul Mantra (from Live at five)
Guru Ganesha Singh singing the Mul Mantra (from Grateful Ganesh)
Snatam Kaur singing the Mul Mantra (from Anand)
Sat Kartar singing the Mul Mantra (from A Daily Practice)
Guru Das Singh and Kaur singing the Mool Mantra (from Longing to belong)
Chardikala Jatha singing the Mool Mantra

No comments:

Post a Comment