Thursday, June 17, 2010

Didn't keep up

I didn't keep up, I didn't do my sadhana for the first time since the middle of march. So it was 92 days in a row and now I'm back at day 1. It's ok, I don't feel to bad about this. I know I will continue, I did 90 days and I have now confirmed my new habit of yoga and meditation. It should be easier to continue now then to quit. But of course, it doesn't feel great to have skipped a day, it feels like failure but that is also a gift, I need to work at my constant high expectations of myself. I don't have to do every thing 10 times better then I expect from anyone else.

It takes 40 days to change a habit.
It takes 90 days to confirm the habit.
The new habit is who you are in 120 days.
You have mastered the new habit in 1000 days.

Still feeling sick, I have a doctors appointment today. The Guru Granth Sahib tells me that
By himself, the mortal cannot accomplish anything.
He runs around chasing all sorts of projects, engrossed in other entanglements.
His companions of these few days will not be there when he is in trouble.
He is hand and glove with those who are of no use to him; the poor wretch is affectionately involved with them.
I am nothing; nothing belongs to me. I have no power or control.
O Creator, Cause of causes, Lord God of Nanak, I am saved and redeemed in the Society of the Saints.
while I'm listening to Nirinjan Kaur Khalsa sing Heal me.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's good to start again! To feel that recommitment. It's a gift, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to look at it that way... :-)

    ReplyDelete