Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rakhay Rakhanhaar

You may have trouble believing this before this day I had never looked up what the mantra Rakhay Rakhanhaar meant. Still it has been buzzing around in my head the whole day. I've been singing the words "Rakhay Rakhanhaar" in my head all day, like they were on repeat... Now I looked it up on Mantrapedia .

Rakhay rakhanhaar aap ubaariun
Gur kee pairee paa-eh kaaj savaariun
Hoaa aap dayaal manho na visaariun
Saadh janaa kai sung bhavjal taariun
Saakat nindak dusht khin maa-eh bidaariun
Tis saahib kee tayk naanak manai maa-eh
Jis simrat sukh ho-eh saglay dookh jaa-eh

God Himself is looking out for us,
gives us the light, and takes care of our affairs.
God is merciful, and never forgets us.
God guides us, giving us good people to help us.
God does not allow hurt to come to us.
I take comfort in the thought of God.
When I remember God, I feel peaceful and happy
and all my pain departs.

God guides us, giving us good people to help us.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Mantra, the funny thing is, I often find myself singing it to myself all night after Rehraas Sahib! and it helps me live through my insomnia, even though Insomnia can be super frustrating!
    The only thing is I understand the meaning from day 1.....its beautiful, isn't it?
    Thankyou for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it'svery comforting, and I'm so happy that it came to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete