Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sadhana

How hard it is to start even though I long for a daily practice.

Today is my day off from work, I got up early, not early enough for Amrit Vela but still early, to do yoga and meditate. I did the asanas I could remember from the two kundalini classes I've attended the last two weeks. Mostly spine awakening asanas, I think. I did one meditation and then I rested listening to Snatam Kaur's Suni-ai - Listening Meditation from Shanti. The whole thing took about an hour and I'm glad I did it. My body and mind feel nice. :-)

Even though I feel good about my yoga and meditation this morning I can't help but feeling that I didn't do it the right way. I really had my hopes up on the beginners class in Kundalini yoga for 8 weeks that was going to start next week. Unfortunately, it isn't going to start. I was so much looking forward to learning more about the kundalini yoga and meditation technology. The internet is a vast resource but I don't really know where to start looking. The kundalini yoga teacher and I have emailed a bit and he has offered to help me, that is really nice and I will perhaps ask about a routine to do each morning. I have also found a site with different kriyas, I will have a look and see if there is something I can use.

Now I will join my husband and use the day off to fixing up our house. We just moved in three weeks ago and have lots of renovating and fixing up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment